Introduction to Counselling Skills
Here, an investigation is carried out into what psychiatric treatment skills arise from the Milind problem. Accordingly, the facts contained in this book, the related debates, and solutions have been found and filed under this.
This contains information related to a problem called the Mendaka Question. In the detailed analysis, it has outlined the Counselling Skills of the client and the service provider, the character (of the service recipient) that needs to be changed, and the skills that need to be selected for Counselling .
Counselling Skills Assimilable by the Debate of the King Milinda
Selecting a Suitable Place for Counseling as Counselling Skills
The Mendaka Prashana section of Milind Question outlines the skills that a counselor should possess. Among them, it has been mentioned that a suitable place should be chosen for counseling and without choosing such a place, counseling or conversation cannot be done in a meaningful way and the information about such places is mentioned below.
• Anomalous position – Meaning scatters, spreads, and bends rather than genesis.
• In crowded place – The mind is confused and does not see the meaning well.
• Faced to air blowing place – Not hearing the message as it is pronounced.
• At masked station – Others hear secrets and are close.
• In the temple or church – Speech and meaning are given to reverence.
• By the road – The meaning becomes useless.
• With moving – Be unstable.
• At bathing place – Is known to all.
Taking into consideration the above facts, it is confirmed by the conclusion that a suitable place has been used as counseling skills. Accordingly, choosing a suitable place for successful psychotherapy can be considered as a special Counselling skills.
Selecting the Character (By Various Characters – Destroying Meaning) as Counseling Skills
Identifying the character of the service recipient and correcting it In order to proceed with psychotherapy, it is necessary to identify and correct the characters mentioned below. Without it, the meaning is destroyed in proceeding with the counsel and the counselor also should have been deviated the quality of characters mention below:
• The character of lust – Constantly lust acts as a distraction and destroys meaning.
• Hateful character – Destroys meaning by being angry with others will do
• Delusional character – self-centeredness destroys meaning.
• Pride character – destroys meaning due to its pride.
• Greedy character – thinks about his own profit and does not understand the meaning properly.
• Lazy character – does not get the meaning right due to his laziness.
• One minder – due to running after one’s mind destroys the meaning.
• The youngest – ignorantly destroys the meaning because he knows nothing.
Accordingly, it seems that the above-mentioned characters should be changed in order to successfully carry out psychotherapy. The fact is that identifying the character of the service recipient and making that character suitable for counseling can be seen as a high skill in psychotherapy.
Identifying nine persons who are not fit to speak confidentially are presented as Counseling Skills
In Milidu Question, it is shown which characters are not suitable for making secret stories and how things get out through them. Identifying them is more important and using it for counselling process is on of Counseling Skills.
• Lust character – Intoxicated by raga and revealing secrets.
• Hateful Character – Reveals Secrets Out of Hatred.
• Delusional Character – Reveals secrets through delusion.
• Fearful Character – Fearful character reveals secrets in the story.
• Amisaharukaya (interested in worldly gain) – reveals secrets for gain.
• Woman – Reveals secrets as the mind turns quickly.
• Alcoholic – Reveals secrets due to addiction to alcohol.
• Pandakaya (an eunuch) – Reveals secrets as there are various aspects.
• Baby – inconstancy will be reveals secrets.
According to the above facts, it seems that people with good character can be used to scrutinize confidential information and get the information they need. Accordingly, it is possible to identify the above persons and cultivate and handle the skills according to one’s needs, and conduct psychotherapy successfully.
The client’s mental health needs are outlined in the Milinda question about characters. Accordingly, it has been outlined whether a counselor should be equipped with the following qualities.
Counselor should be Known about 25 Qualities of the Client
Counselor should be known about 25 qualities of the client, and having is a great help for a successful psychotherapy. They are:
- Provide constant security
- Knowing what not to associate with
- Knowing delay and do not delay
- Knowing criticize space
- Knowing about sick
- Knowing the specialty
- Sharing what one has received
- The client’s growth and relief
- Knowing behavior (with people) should be known by the village itself
- One should know the conduct of the location and himself and should not speak unnecessary things
- Not getting angry at the client’s shortcomings
- Planning and carrying out what is taught
- Proper care
- Not keeping secrets
- Delivering the service to the recipient without leaving anything behind
- Trying to serve with deep mind
- Not give up in danger
- Virtue growth
- Well developing mind
- Established in discipline to produce compassion
- Do not think what to do when a work belongs to the client
- Consolation with Dharma when the mind is agitated
Considering the above points, it seems that a successful psychotherapy can be done by having the 25 skill elements mentioned.
It should be Selecting a suitable place for counseling; selecting the character (by various characters – destroying meaning); identifying persons who are not fit to speak confidentially are presented; knowing things about qualities of the client by counselor. Following above factors will be initiated successful counseling session.